Perform internal control and compliance activities to be in line with Company and Group procedures. Participate in examining, evaluating, and monitoring the adequacy, suitability and efficiency of the internal control system
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all projects comply with Company and Group procedures
- Review existing procedures; identify control gaps and opportunities for improvements.
- Liaise with HODs/HQ for proposals for changes/improvements or establishment of new ones to ensure they are consistently in line with business requirements
- Communicate Company and Group procedures/manuals to relevant staff and departments and given proper guidance/advisory on implementation of policies/process
- Conduct regular internal checking/assessment/evaluation (financial, operational, regulatory compliance) to highlight risks, lapses or non-compliances for improvement
- Monitor status of remedial actions and improvement actions for control deficiencies/non-compliance and prepare status report and report/present to Senior Management
- Collate information from and following up with relevant departments regarding compliance issues
- Coordinate with all departments and provide technical support to ensure/design adequate internal controls to meet business requirements and mitigate Company risks
- Any other responsibilities and ad-hoc reports
Financial and Management Accounting:
- Prepare quarterly/annual business plans/forecast
- Review monthly/annual financial reports for local and Singapore reporting
- Review internal & external accounting issues
- Liaison with external auditors
- Analyze detailed breakdown of revenue and expenditure and investigate unusually large variances and anomalies
- Advise senior management on financial matters and on the potential impact of current and future laws and regulations on the operation of the organization
- Ensure compliance with local statutory requirements (e.g. quarterly/annual tax filing, company incorporation documents & statutory filing)
- Ensure that all tax returns, tax declarations, and other required reports are submitted accurately and on time
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop financial staff to ensure the organization’s accounting activities are conducted accurately, ethically, consistently and according to relevant regulations, laws, and standards.
- Corporate secretarial work including preparation of Board resolutions & minutes of meetings
- Liaise with tax authorities, consultants and lawyers.
Minimum of 3-5 years working experience in Internal Control/ Internal Audit and 2 years working experience Finance/ Accounting
Experience in BIG 4 Firm/ Real Estate Industry is preferable
Strong leadership capabilities in leading accounting team
Strong grounding in concepts of consulting, risk management, auditing and internal control system, corporate governance.
Good command in spoken and written English;
Good communication, negotiation, time management, presentation, and teamwork skills
Strong analytical mind, independent and proactive
Creative and resourceful with ability to adapt into organization culture