Keppel Land is the property arm of Keppel Corporation, a multi-business company providing solutions for sustainable urbanisation.
As a multi-faceted property company, Keppel Land provides innovative real estate solutions with its sterling portfolio of award-winning residential developments, investment-grade commercial properties and integrated townships.
Keppel Land is geographically diversified in Asia, with Singapore, China and Vietnam as its key markets, while it continues to scale up in other markets such as Indonesia and India.In Vietnam, Keppel Land is a pioneer and one of the largest foreign real estate investors with a quality portfolio mainly in Ho Chi Minh City, including Grade A offices, residential properties, retail malls, integrated townships and award-winning serviced apartments.
We are currently looking for suitably qualified candidate to fill up the following position of Mall Operations Manager.
The Mall Operations Manager is responsible for the overall day to day operations of the Shopping Mall. The operational duties include facility and systems upkeep and maintenance management, service providers (cleaning, security, car parking, landscape, pest etc.) management, tenant liaison, tenancy works technical coordination and tenant’s inspections, operational safety management and risk assessments, formulating Mall operational procedures, planning of annual mall operations and maintenance budget. The Mall Operations Manager must ensure the operational readiness of the mall and all services and contracts to be delivered in a high standard and of quality for the Shopping Mall.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Ensuring the optimization of the Shopping Mall in terms of OPEX related tasks, ensuring daily operational costs are efficiently managed to the best interest of the Shopping Mall
In charge of budgeting for operational needs & approval memos.
- To review all existing scope of works captured under existing service/ maintenance contracts. Bids contract services as and when required and reviews scope of services provided. Recommends contractor/ service provider changes as necessary
- To prepare and run cost estimates for the Annual Operational and Maintenance Budget for the Shopping Mall.
- To undertake initiatives such as bulk purchases and/or forward capture of maintenance rates in all service contracts to ensure price optimization prior to award for each service contract for the best interest of the Shopping Mall.
- To prepare and submit well-written approval memos to management for approval of any procurement or engagement of services to ensure all salient corporate polices.
- Monitors the Annual Operational and Maintenance Budget and its expenditure on monthly basis.
Formulate, review, revise and enforce the various operational and maintenance standards, SOPS, guidelines etc. for the Shopping Mall to ensure both internal operations team and external Tenants are aligned in the expectations and quality standards required of them when conducting their day to day operations in the Shopping Mall.
Responsible for reports and organisational SOPS.
- To prepare and compile both weekly and monthly operations report for the Shopping Mall.
- To formulate, conduct and prepare weekly inspection audit reports for each main service provider trade including but not limited to (i) Security service (ii) Cleaning service (iii) Car parking Management (iv) Landscape service and (v) Other system maintenance service.
- To ensure all required Company policies, Business Continuity Plans, Crisis Management Plans and SOPS are duly followed and complied by both internal operations team as well as external service providers.
- To review and revise the policies, plans and SOPS as may be required by Management to ensure the best practices for the Shopping Mall Operations.
- Prepare and formulate monthly tenant’s performance report in order of category, sales performance, etc. as may be required by the Center Manager.
In charge for Day to Day Ground-Work
- Advises Management on significant deviations from approved operating budget or serious operational problems.
- Coordinate with the Chief Engineer to ensure the full M&E operating systems for the Shopping Mall are regularly maintained and serviced and to propose any fail-safe enhancements.
- Managing and overseeing the full list of service providers hired by the Shopping Mall
- Conduct regular site walks, site checks and inspections for each corners and service provider trades of the Shopping Mall and to ensure a high standard of care, health and safety.
- Support the A&P team in terms of operational deployment, advice to 3rd party vendors and event organizers on the guidelines of the Shopping Mall and manpower assistance as and when needed during events in the Shopping Mall
- Develop and maintain the tenant service framework and foster positive work relationship with the tenants.
- Ensure Tenants are in compliant to the Tenancy Agreement on the areas of being open for business as per the allowed time, proper display of merchandise, store front cleanliness, proper display of promotions and advertisements, etc.
- Assist the Finance Department to collect delinquent payments, arrears on utilities, rents, service charges, etc. (once the Finance Department had done their job but the arrears have not been cleared) and to issue warning letters for any such delinquent on a regular basis to ensure the Shopping Mall is contractually protected.
- Coordinate fit-out works of new tenancy and provide design critic to ensure Tenant’s design is in compliant to the Shopping Mall’s base building design, in line with Authority approved design and requirements.
- Ensure Daily oversight of on-site tenant construction and property improvements under regulations and guidelines of the shopping mall.
- Take proactive actions to apply for, renew and adhere to all requirements relating to insurance coverage, licenses, authority directions and any changes in the law in order to ensure minimal risk exposure for the Shopping Mall.
- Establish a proper e-records and e-documentations system to ensure ease of retrieval and reference during Audits and operational usage.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably requested by your immediate supervisor/the head of department from time to time.
- To lead, guide and develop the Operations team personnel in day-to-day operational and maintenance requirement and setting a high standard of quality and care for the team to ensure tip-top day-to-day performance of the team members.
- To build a strong working relationship with various other stakeholders in other departments such as Property Management, Finance, Project Management, Safety, Leasing, A&P, Customer Service, Engineering and Maintenance.